Three floors of the seasonally decorated Heurich House Museum are open for self-guided tours during Christkindlmarkt.

The Heurich House Museum was built from 1892-94 by German immigrant, local brewer, and philanthropist Christian Heurich (1842-1945). The Heurich family lived in this Dupont Circle home from its completion in 1894 until 1956. Recognized as Washington, DC’s most successful brewer, Christian ran the Chr. Heurich Brewing Co., the city’s longest-operating brewery (1873-1956), until his death at 102. The mansion is notable for its fireproof construction, original interiors, and family collections.  To read more about the Heurich family and their home, visit the museum's website at

The museum decorates the home in accordance with Heurich family tradition. Our tree is decorated each year by our dedicated corps of volunteers and docents as a kick-off of the holiday season.